Acres Animal Hospital is an independently owned and operated small animal hospital offering integrative veterinary medicine. Dr. Laura Lee offers a wide range of veterinary services including acupuncture, chiropractic, traditional Chinese herbal medicine, surgery, dentistry, laboratory tests, x-rays, pharmaceuticals. Our goal is to provide the best veterinary health care possible to each individual patient in a friendly and informative environment.
Overview of Position
We are looking for an experienced veterinary assistant to join our team for full time or part time hours.
Personality Characteristics of Good Candidates
- quick learner
- attention to detail
- excellent communication skills
The Veterinary Assistant’s Responsibilities Include:
- animal handling and restraint
- client education and communication
- answering telephones and taking and relaying messages
- maintain a clean and orderly hospital environment
- accurate record keeping
- assist with patient care and treatment
- able to work independently to a high standard, and also with team, as required by patient care
The Veterinary Assistant’s Job Requirements Include:
- prior experience working as a veterinary assistant
- completion of a college veterinary assistant program
- able to comply with all pandemic safety protocols to ensure safety of self, co-workers, and clients
- strong communication skills
- animal handling skills: experience with cats and dogs is required; experience with horses an asset
- able to lift patients
Weekdays only, no weekends or overnight. Regular schedule. Group benefits plan & employee discounts.
There are no remote or work-from-home job options available. Due to the nature of veterinary medicine, all work must be done on site. Applicant must have reliable transportation, and be able work in a manner than complies with public health protocols, and keeps co-workers, clients, and self safe.
Please submit a resume and cover letter online. Due to the current pandemic situation, please do not submit resume and cover letter in person.